I wanted to share two recipes with you, which I have found quite delicious and easy!
The first one is almond milk. If you, like me, can’t drink your coffee black, but you want to try Whole30 (and live without any dairy or soy for 30 days) here is a recipe for a good substitute for that milk in your coffee and tea:
Ingredients for 1 L almond milk:
- 150 g almonds (preferable organic)
- Cold water to cover
- 1 L cold water
- Leave the almonds in cold water overnight
- Then blend the almonds with the 1 L cold water in a blender or in a slow-juicer (I used a blender)
- Strain it through a dishtowel (if you’d like you can strain it more than once in order to get a finer milk)
If you want a sweeter milk:
- You can either add some dates when blending or;
- You can add some vanilla (NOT sugar, but from the pod)
The next recipe is for delicious egg-muffins which are great for an easy, compliant breakfast.
Ingredients for 6 muffins:
- 5-6 eggs (organic)
- Compliant sausage (mine were from Hanegal)
- Mushrooms and other vegetables (choose whatever you like)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C
- Whisk the eggs together with salt and pepper (you are welcome to add other spices if you like)
- Cut up the sausage and the vegetables and put them in the muffin tray
- Pour the egg-mix over the sausage and vegetables and bake them in the oven for approximately 20 min
Thanks for reading!